I'm Back....

I do not even know when my list post was made as I didn't look out of embarrassment. LOL

I'm starting over, again. No apologies granted and no permission needed. Why do I always think I need to have peoples approval? Probably part of being an artist and never feeling like I am a grown up. I'm 51 for God's Sake!
Fact of the matter is, Life is hard. It has been harder and harder the past few years. I think it is a mental emotional game I play with myself, but I also, have let it get to me so much that my creativity has been all but stomped out. I find myself scrolling the social media platforms and getting more and more depressed instead of just living my life. So, Here it goes. I am done. I am done self sabotaging and I am taking my life back.

There, I said it.

Here it goes....

I almost died. in all senses of the word, I almost croaked and moved on to the next realm, physically left the earth, December 15th, 2019. And that was the day that my life has been changed forever. Well, not exactly that days as the doctors were still trying to figure out why I wouldn't leave them alone at that point. It was more like December 18th, 2019, when the fever came on and doctors realized that I wasn't just over reacting to sciatica nerve issues. I was almost screaming. In so much pain that it is indescribable for me.
I had MRSA in my bloodstream and was, quite literally, dying. None of the doctors, several of them, saw this coming. I had seen I think 4-5 doctors, two ER visits, a pcp appt, an airrosti appt. and went for xrays that did not show anything. So they were convinced that I had an angry piriformis and getting the tendons, sciatica nerve issues.

I was admitted to the hospital, there for three days, then they transported me to their main hospital for neurology as they thought I had mrsa in my spine and hip and that I needed doctors that were not at that hospital. That ended up not  being the case, thank goodness I didn't have to have surgery. I could not imagine how much harder recovery would have been had I had to have surgery on top of getting the tendons, muscle, joint, ligaments, and tissue to heal from this antibiotic resistant bacteria that was killing me.

After a week in the hospital, they sent me home the day after Christmas. I was on iv antibiotics for what was to be 8 weeks from home. Healing was so so so slow! I couldn't walk for 1 week, then I used a walker for a few weeks, then I graduated to a cane. I got my picc line out February 11, 2020 and stopped the antibiotics.

FOUR DAYS LATER, it started AGAIN!! I was re-hospitalized, transferred to the main hospital again, and in for four more days.
They put me back on the once a day iv medicine of Daptomycin and then added a second iv antibiotic called cefepime. I had to push that one through the iv every 8 hours and I was on them both for 9 more weeks. I started Physical therapy a few weeks ago. I can now walk without a cane. And even that has been getting better daily.

So, I wrote all of that to say, Yeah, I literally almost died. While laying there, I had so many thoughts go through my head and told myself that when I got better and really could actually have a clear thought process again, I was not going to waste it. I was going to actually do all those things I wished I could do while I couldn't do anything. Once of those things was start writing a  blog.

So, there, I wrote it all out and will never do it again. Good Bye Sepsis!

HELLO NEW and IMPROVED Adrienne!

Welcome to my blog! It is going to be about my life as an artist who has been reborn.

Thanks for stopping my and if I have not lost you by now, WELCOME!!
Keep on Painting!
Adrienne

Comments